As you would be aware, the Queensland Government has now outlined a new range of Public health and social measures that will be in place from 17 December 2021.
Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccination status Direction
Businesses such as Skateaway operate under Schedule 1B of the new Directive as :
- “Indoor sports centres and venues, indoor social sporting based activities, community sports clubs, indoor swimming pools open to the public.”
Essentially, the following rules apply from the 17 December until such time as a new Directive replaces this one:
- Contact information must be collected as per normal “Check in” rules
- The Venues must operate in accordance with the COVID Safe Checklist
- Fully vaccinated visitors or staff, or those with evidence of a medical contraindication are permitted
- Unvaccinated persons are permitted
- The venue must follow these entry requirements:
- Sport in indoor spaces
- occupant density limit applies
- no more than 1 person per 2 square metres
- No occupant density requirement on the field of play (ie the Rink).
- Physical distancing to be observed out of the field of play.
- Indoor occupant density requirements apply to shared change rooms.
- Spectators watching the indoor activity must observe physical distancing to the extent possible
Please also note that these restrictions will remain in place until the Directive is revoked or replaced and our Venues will continue to follow the Directives as they are set out.
The link to the Directive is here and the Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccination status Direction | Queensland Health
Please remember to continue to use the Check in QLD app at all venues, please social distance where possible and remember that staff at Skateaway and PRRRC committee members are only doing their job and taking reasonable steps to enforce the restrictions.
If you have any issues or concerns about this please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the committee.